Rent a Facility

Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions

There are rules we require you to follow when renting a facility. They are listed on our Rental Agreement, which can be viewed by clicking here. To rent a North Kawartha facility, please contact us at 705-656-4445.

Events Serving Alcohol

Special Occasion Permit (SOP)

Our Community Centres do not have permanent Liquor Licences. If you are wishing to serve alcohol at your event, you will need to obtain a Special Occasion Permit (SOP) and alcohol liability insurance. In addition, you must use bartenders who have Smart Serve Training Certificates, and follow all other rules listed on our Rental Agreement. We require a copy of your SOP, a copy of your liability insurance, and a list of the names and Smart Serve certificate numbers of your bartenders, prior to your event. If these conditions are not met, alcohol cannot be permitted at your event.

Special Occasion Permits (SOP) are for the sale and/or service of beverage alcohol at special occasions such as weddings, charity fundraisers, receptions etc. An SOP is needed anytime alcohol is offered for sale or served anywhere other than in a licensed establishment or a private place (for example, a private office or a residence). As of April 1, 2018, Special Occasion Permits are issued exclusively online via the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario website at the following link: iAGCO.

Applying online: Once on the iAGCO page, you will need to create a new account in order to apply for a permit. Once completed, access your account and click on the "Apply for a Special Occasion Permit" link from the "New Applications" main menu, then follow the prompts to completion and payment.

Liability Insurance

If you are renting from us and serving alcohol, you must obtain a minimum of $5 million alcohol liability insurance, and the Township of North Kawartha must be named as an "Additional Insured". There is no additional charge to have the Township named as an "Additional Insured". We require a copy of the insurance prior to your event.

Events with Lotteries and/or Games of Chance

If you are renting a facility and will have fundraising games planned or lottery type tickets sold, you may require a Lottery Licence issued by the Lottery Licence Officer at the Township. A lottery can be defined as paying for a chance to win a prize. Charitable and non-profit organizations may be eligible for a licence. Rules for lotteries are determined by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission and you can review the Lottery Licencing Policy Manual or talk to the Lottery Licence Officer at the North Kawartha Municipal Office. Please allow 30 days for your eligibility and lottery application review and potential approval. A copy of the Lottery Licence must be posted at your event.


Note: Add HST (13%) to all rates 

North Kawartha Community Centre Banquet Hall

North Kawartha Community Centre
Multi Purpose Room

North Kawartha Community Centre Arena Surface 

Wilson Park Community Centre Banquet Hall

Wilson Park

Glen Alda Community Centre Banquet Hall

Monday to Thursday







Friday to Sunday (for a maximum of 4 hours)

$60.00/hr +

$10.00/hr for use of Kitchen and/or Bar



$40.00/hr +

$5.00/hr for use of Kitchen and/or Bar



Flat rate
(up to 8 hours, day or night)

$300.00 +

$50.00 for use of Kitchen and/or Bar



For various Special Events (Excluding Dances)

$200.00 +

$25.00 for use of Kitchen and/or Bar


(Excludes Tennis / Pickleball Courts)

$125.00 +

$10.00 for use of Kitchen and/or Bar

Sports Activities (no ice)




Primetime Rate




Non-Primetime Rate (Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 3:00 pm)




Apsley Youth Sports




Contact Us