Signage (911 Numbering)

The Roads Department is responsible for all signage along Township roads . This also includes outdoor advertisement and directional signs. Economic development is vital to the health of local businesses. There are various private road signs that can be purchased through the Roads Department. Please contact the Public Works Manager via email or by phone at 705-656-4445 extension 243 for more information.

Civic Address Signs

The Civic Address System (911 numbering) is administered through the Roads Department.

Once a 911 sign is installed, it becomes the responsibility of the property owner to keep the sign in good repair, upright and visible at the bottom of your driveway at all times. If the original sign is damaged you can request a new sign at a cost of $25.00 (as per Fees and Charges By-law # 2023-0079) by completing the 911 Sign Request Form. New houses or lots that require a new 911 number/civic address can have them installed for the first time at no cost by the Roads Department.

If you require a civic address sign please complete the 911 Sign Request Form. If you have any questions please email the Finance Assistant or Public Works Manager, or call 705-656-4445.

Ontario Provincial Police and Emergency Services remind all homeowners to keep your own civic address sign upright, visible and clear of snow or any other obstruction. It is vital to ensure this sign is visible.

Contact Us